School Student Visa Australia

School Student Visa Australia

School Student Visa Australia

Primary and secondary education in Australia is quite known in the international market for its standard, assessment levels, and mode of teaching. Often kids of skilled migrants working in Australia and children, whose close relatives are staying in the country, look forward to clinch secondary education in the country. Today, school sector visa has made this arrangement possible where kids can study at registered schools till Year 12.

School Sector Visa

  • Acquire permission from parents to live and study in Australia. A statutory declaration, consent form validity, and other documents may be required at different stages.
  • Acquire support for welfare from parents, legal guardian, or education provider. In case of welfare provided by the school authority, a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation or Welfare Arrangements (CAAW) letter must be obtained. In many cases, homestays are arranged for the student by the school authority. Under their guidance, the student learns language, culture, and mannerisms accepted in the Australian society. There may be student hostels just for the school kids under the banner of the school administration.
  • Possess Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) certificates or similar certificates
  • Get Health Insurance certificate, which shows that Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) has been paid
  • Furnish documents to prove previous educational qualifications
  • Provide documents to prove financial support for at least first 2 years of the course

English Requirement

Points to Note
Students applying for Year 9 must be below 17 years of age while those applying for Year 10 and Year 11 must be below 18 and 19 years of age respectively. For studying year 12, the student must be below 20 years of age. In no case can the student regress or move back beyond 18 months.

After Completion of Studies
The student must leave Australia once the student completes the course. The end date would be indicated in the visa itself. However, the student can apply for another temporary visa or Permanent Residence before the end term of the visa.

Student sector visa is useful way to allow immigrant parents to let their kids study and stay with them simultaneously.


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


©2017 Studying Australia

Please wait...
Send a message

Send us a message and our education agents will get back to you within 24 hours.

* Name
* Email
* Message
Login now

Need more help? Chat with us. We are online.

* Name
* Email
* How can we help?
We're online!

Help us help you better! Feel free to leave us any additional feedback.

How do you rate our support?

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?